All the series in Ontario will follow INEX rules
- No 2-way radios will be allowed. The only exception is they will be permitted at the Canadian Asphalt Nationals. The 1 way radios are still mandatory.
- Each driver will have 1 “drop race” total for the entire season not 1 per series, How the “drop race” works will be out soon.
- Each driver will be able to use 1 substitute driver at an event he or she is not able to make. If you take a green flag in a heat race or qualifying that night will count towards your points. No switching cars or drivers after you take the first green flag of the night.
- Must have INEX Membership to race and it’s your responsibility to get it. No Points or payouts will be given out until we have proof of the membership.
WE ARE NOT LOOKING AFTER GETTING THEM FOR YOU!
- We will be using the “choose” again this year. How it will work and how it will be enforced will be out soon.
- Transponders will be mandatory at all races this year. You can purchase them or they will be available for rent. (westhold timing systems)
- Feature invert will be up to (8) with the previous weeks winner starting no better than 6th.
- Any DQ’s in heat race will result in a minimum penalty 0 points for that heat race. Any DQ’s in the feature will be a minimum penalty of 0 points and 0 payout for that event. No DQ’s can be used towards a drop night. Black flag is not necessary DQ. It’s the race director and head tech inspector’s discretion on the overall penalty.
- We have introduced a road course point race this year and to keep cost down the rules will remain the same as the oval rules with the only exception you will be allowed to run your right side tires on the left side of the car for the camber purpose. The direction of the tread will be reverse on the left side. (this eliminates teams having tires specifically cut for road course) The 640lbs right side weight will apply.
So here it goes……..
Every Driver will be allowed 1 “drop night” within the series of their choice, Eastern Series, Western Series or All Ontario Series "AUTUMN COLOURS CLASIC CANNOT BE USED AS A “DROP NIGHT”
This year the “drop night” will not take your worst points night off the series you choose, it will replace your worst night of that series with 75 points. Before the first green flag falls at the ACC you much choose which series you want to use your “drop night” on, Eastern Series, Western Series or All Ontario Series You can do this at any point leading up to the ACC but MUST BE DONE BEFORE OUR FIRST GREEN FLAG AT THE ACC. You will do this by letting Dale Power Head Tech Inspector know of your choice.
In the event of a caution flag, drivers will line up in single file. Transponders should make it easier to sort out the running order and make sure everyone is in the correct starting spot. Once the caution is cleaned up and the order is correct, the race director will radio everyone that the LINEUP IS CORRECT and to CHOOSE AT THE START/FINISH LINE. This will be done no later than before cars enter turn 3. The leader will SLOW the pace down and all cars MUST drop to the INSIDE of the track. NO MORE THEN A ½ CAR WIDTH OFF THE BOTTOM OF THE TRACK! Stay in single file, bumper to bumper order through corners 3 and 4 and down the front stretch. Once your front tires hit the start/finish line that’s when you can “CHOOSE”. The cars that are choosing to start on the bottom will “NOT” move. The cars that choose to start on the outside will move up. They are the only cars that will move. We will be going to green the next time back to the line so once you have crossed the start/finish line, start to double up and tighten the field up. ANYONE THAT IS MORE THAT A ½ CAR WIDTH OFF THE BOTTOM BEFORE THERE FRONT TIRES TOUCH THE START FINISH LINE WILL GO TO THE BACK OF THE LONGEST LINE. ANYONE CAUGHT CHANGING THEIR POSITIONS AFTER THEY CHOOSE AT THE START/FINISH LINE WILL GO TO THE BACK OF THE LONGEST LINE.
IF YOU HAVE TO PULL UP/DOWN AND STOP YOUR CAR TO GET TO THE BACK, THEN THAT’S WHAT YOU WILL HAVE TO DO! IF THE GREEN FLAG COMES OUT AND YOU HAVE NOT DROPPED TO THE BACK YOU WILL BE DQED FOR THAT RACE AND RECEIVE 0 POINTS AND NO PAYOUT IF IT’S DURING THE FEATURE. REMEMBER THAT ANY HEAT RACE/FEATURE IF YOU RECEIVE A DQ YOU CANNOT USE THAT AS A DROP NIGHT.